We provide free food assistance to individuals and families in need.
Our Client Choice Food Pantry provides food assistance to residents of Cherokee County by appointment only Monday-Friday from 11:00 – 3:00 and Saturday (except 5th Saturday of the month) from 10:00 – 1:00.
What is a client Choice Food Pantry?
Our pantry is set up like a small grocery store where our guests decide on the items they take home. This dignity based approach allows one to choose based on dietary restrictions, personal preference, and items needed to ensure a more well rounded cupboard.
Guests shop from the following sections:
- Grains, Pasta, Hot Cereals
- Vegetables, Fruits, Potato products, Tomato products
- Soups, Proteins, Baking products, Condiments
- Personal Care Items
- Frozen & Refrigerator Items
- Breads & Pastries & Produce
What do I need to bring to my first appointment?
- Photo ID of person coming to appointment.
- Photo ID (copy or photo on phone are accepted) of any person 18 years of age or older living in household.
- Birth Certificate (or hospital discharge from delivery) or immunization record or school record of anyone in household 17 years or younger. (Social Security card not accepted – does not have date of birth)
- Proof of Residency – piece of mail dated within the last thirty days that includes name and current address. Junk mail or driver’s license not accepted as proof of residency.
- Temperatures are taken before entry and all guests are asked to use hand sanitizer.
- We are taking precautionary measures to ensure our facility is clean and sanitized. We are doing everything we can to put appropriate distance between all persons to minimize the risk of spreading COVID-19.
- Only one shopper is allowed per family. If you are unable to get childcare for your appointment please CALL so we can determine the best arrangement for you.
- If you are a senior or are immune compromised, please CALL to schedule an appointment.