We provide free food assistance to individuals and families in need.
The Never Alone 26′ Refrigerator truck goes into the community 2-4 times a month carrying pre-packed food boxes and frozen meats, along with frozen food and dairy products items as available. No appointment is needed. Basic information is collected and then a volunteer loads your food. For frequently asked questions, upcoming locations, dates, and times please click here for more information.
Client Choice Food Pantry
Our Client Choice Food Pantry provides food assistance to residents of Cherokee, Cobb, Bartow, and Pickens County by appointment only Monday-Friday from 11:00 – 3:00 and Saturday (except 5th Saturday of the month) from 10:00 – 1:00.
Our pantry is set up like a small grocery store where our guests decide on the items they take home. This dignity based approach allows one to choose based on dietary restrictions, personal preference, and items needed to ensure a more well rounded cupboard.
Guests shop from the following sections:
- Grains, Pasta, Hot Cereals
- Vegetables, Fruits, Potato products, Tomato products
- Soups, Proteins, Baking products, Condiments
- Personal Care Items
- Frozen & Refrigerator Items
- Breads & Pastries & Produce
What do I need to bring to my first appointment?
- Photo ID of person coming to appointment.
- Photo ID (copy or photo on phone are accepted) of any person 18 years of age or older living in household.
- Birth Certificate (or hospital discharge from delivery) or immunization record or school record of anyone in household 17 years or younger. (Social Security card not accepted – does not have date of birth)
- Proof of Residency – piece of mail dated within the last thirty days that includes name and current address. Junk mail or driver’s license not accepted as proof of residency.
- Only one shopper is allowed per family. If you are unable to get childcare for your appointment please CALL so we can determine the best arrangement for you.